Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4 - Pavlova

Hi to each and every one of you!

Well what a week it has been! Very up and down and flat out! However, I did get some baking done and it was right at the beginning of the week! Sunday night MIL called to invite us for dinner the next night - well I'm not one to turn down a dinner invite so I eagerly accepted thinking hmmmm maybe I will try my hand at a Pav. Knowing that I had never made one, I figured I shouldn't mention it - just in case!

So out came good old KenWood and Mr Edmonds!



And then hubby got interested in what I was doing and decided to help me by measuring out the suger and putting it in the bowl.

Slowly but surely the egg white/sugar mix got stiffer and shinier just like Mr Edmonds said! I was having faith in this! This is going to work totally! Finally after at least 15 minutes of high speed beating we got the pav onto baking paper - it was a team effort - I think I slightly over beat the mix as it was rather sticky but we got a perfect circle formed!


Into the oven the master peice went!  I couldn't stop looking at it and checking it! My mum has a histoy of making the bestest pavs EVER and hers tend to get that big they take up the oven tray! I was secretly hoping that it would happen with my pav - however, as you can see from the photo - it didn't happen! Oh well they say practise makes perfect right!




After what felt like ALL day, an hour later it was ready to come out the oven and we were ready to go off on a our merry way with a cooked (hopefully!) pavlova to have for dessert at the inlaws! Because it was still a little warm, we decided to wait til we got there for the final dressing of it! Whipped cream and fresh raspberries! Yummo!

When bitten into it was crispy on the outside and soft in the middle - just how my dad likes it! I guess I learned something from my mum after all! It was delish!!!

Don't forget to let me know what you think... random spot prizes for people who comment :) You never know you could be invited for dessert!

Hope you have a fabulous week!

Broni

No comments:

Post a Comment