Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 3 - Kindle Cover

Well, what an interesting week I have had. I got a fantastic Kindle for my birthday (along with some other gifts that made me SUPER spoilt) however, Dick Smith do not have a cover for my kindle until mid February. With that in mind - another project was thought up! I will just make one for myself in the mean time. I had a very clear idea of what I wanted!

Given the amount of curtain fabric I have left over - I thought to myself - hmmm well.... I may as well use it up! So project make my own kindle cover commenced... it went straight in the bin. Day 2: same deal... day 3 we had a winner - or so I thought. It was way too big and I had forgotten to hem the top so it kinda defeated the purpose. Another attempt the next day: fail! So another day and another shot - it was abit more like what I wanted, but still not right. Sooo I have to admit - week 3 is Project Handmade FAIL!

Please see below for Day 3 and Day 5 photos. I do have a wee treat for you though - a good friend came over today to do some crafting - not only did she give me some advise how to make the cover work (might try it one day!) but we also created some fantastic cards! Check out the photos below and let me know which one is your favourite. If your name features on my calendar then you will get a birthday card in the mail this year! If you would like to receive a home made card then simply email me to broni.carey@gmail.com with your name and address and of course your birthday and you just never know what might turn up in the post. A couple of the cards below are made especially for certain people with birthdays coming up!

Day 3 - no hem - way tooooo big!

Day 5 - just wrong on all levels!

  



So what do you think? Do you have a favourite?

Until next week, have a great week and don't forget to comment!

Broni

No comments:

Post a Comment