Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 7 - Compost

For those of you who know me - you will know I DO NOT GARDEN! Simple as that... it's not in my make up and I have beautiful nails - so why would I?! Part of me would love too, simply to be outside getting a tan - however, that isn't even enough of a pull!

However, one of the properties work owns was looking rather over grown and run down so on a whim I decided to clean it up - what was I thinking right!?!



These are the before shots! Even the dog joined in the fun - by running around and keeping watch!




After spending 2 days at this property, I had a mountain of weeds and no where to put them! I couldn't even fit them in my car.. that is when the idea of a compost bin was born! I must admit - I cheated a little and brought it from Bunnings - I did however, put it together with a little help from Kay - although I think she was more interested in playing games rather than constructing a compost bin!! What do you think!?






Not sure if you can see in the photo - but the WHITE dog ended up BROWN after playing in the garden! Naughty Miss Gizmo! Just after these photos were taken the skys opened up and we thought we were saved by the rain - however, it wasn't mean to be - the rain stopped and we had to pick up all the weeds and actually put them in the compost bin!


Can you spot the compost bin in amongst the excess weeds? I think I should have brought three of them! 1 was clearly not enough! While I was doing the gardening I did discover the worms in Aotea are like small snakes!! See photos below for finished result - what do you think? Who knew there was actually plants in amongst the mess! I'm pretty pleased with myself! (And I didn't break a nail!!)




Don't forget to leave a comment!

Until next time!

Broni

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Now if only you were in Tauranga I could hire you to clean up this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you Broni. Not one of my favourite things either, but so satisfying when it's done.

    ReplyDelete