Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 9 - Invitations

Hi there!

A very dear friend of mine is getting married - next week in fact! You might have seen the post a couple of weeks ago of the veil I made her... well now it's time to show you the invitations and name cards that have been done. I am also working on the seating plan and whipping up an actual wedding card. These are to come :) It will be an added bonus post!

When asked to make the invites I was blown away that someone would trust me with such a big task! I set to with some samples and put them in a safe place to take with me when I went visiting. Now those of you who know me, will find this hard to believe ;) but I couldn't find the samples! So I had to make some more!

Please see below for the samples I came up with.








Megan choose the top one - however, you can only print in white ink if you do it professionally - who knew! So back to the drawing board. I wanted to create something for my friend that was similar to her original choice - so I came up with the following:

I have used Whisper White and Night of Navy card stock. Printed in Navy writting and then white embossed the flower. I used Night of Navy ink to spong over top of the flower in a technique called emboss resist. I also sponged all the edges. And of course a wedding invite is NOT a wedding invite without some bling - so there it goes in the centre of the flower! For this invite I have sponged the whole front - I didn't do that for the rest of them - I only sponged the edges. While I have permission from my friend to post these, I have blanked out all details to identify them or where they are getting married - just in case you are thinking of gate crashing ;)

Given the awful weather this weekend, I set to and made the name cards. Here is a photo of them - even my friend hasnt' seen them yet! The name tags I have sponged all the edges to give the same effect as the invites before mounting them on Night of Navy card.


Don't forget to let me know what you think - what would your favourite one of been or what would you have changed? Random gifts for comments!

Until next week

Broni

No comments:

Post a Comment